The 2nd Beta HCG...
I had a second HCG level on Sunday which I didn't find out the results of until yesterday. While anxiously waiting to take that test I had a mentally rough day Friday afternoon and Saturday. I started to spot and had some cramps on Friday, which were both very mild. The nurse at my OB said that unless it was very heavy I might still be fine. On Saturday the spotting got a little worse but by the night time it started to decrease. Sunday I was fine and had no more spotting. It was an emotional roller coaster and was very hard to stay positive. Again after combing the internet I came up with answers telling me it could have been my period to it was normal. I know enough to take everything with a grain of salt but that still doesn't make the wait easier.
My test results from Sunday's HCG weren't good and went down to a 1. I was told I was no longer pregnant. After talking to my OB doctor the nurse said he still wants to do another test Wednesday am because they have seen some weird things when it comes to IVF. I am trying to have faith but it would be a miracle if it went back up.
I truly believe that writing this blog has allowed me to deal with the whole situation better than I would have a year ago. Talking about what we are going through has definitely helped us. Our friends, family, and co-workers have been incredibly supportive and we appreciate that so much. It has also been great talking to others and answering their questions about our trip and hopefully helping them along their own journey.
We have already talked about going back to Istanbul for a Frozen Embryo Transfer sometime in the Fall. John is already on top of plane ticket prices and has been in touch with the hospital to find out what the protocol is. This time he won't need to go, so I will either go alone, take my mom, or my best friend.
In the meantime we are still praying for a miracle to happen tomorrow when we take another blood test. I will try to post more regarding our next test tomorrow.
If you have any questions about our trip feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
Kelly and John,ReplyDelete
James and I are very sorry to hear your news. I hope that everything works out for you guys. James is having his updated semen analysis done today and that will be the last bit of testing for us for a while. James and I hope to leave in August. It would be something if we were there at the same time. Good luck with today's HCG test. Kelly I just want tell you that you really have helped us make a very hard decision. I can tell you that James had given up and was very upset at the fact that we would be a childless couple. James told me he no longer wanted to be a couple but a couple plus one a family. I was heart broken for him and for me he had always been the strong one but on that day I was. I was determined to find a solution for us and I came across your blog and stalked it a few days. Kelly you gave James and I hope to move on and try something else and have an adventure at the same time. Thank you for this blog and returning our hope to us. I don't think I could have blogged about my ivf trip!
Much love and admiration,
It looks like I will be going back late August early September depending on Dr. Arici's schedule at Yale. Thank you so much for your comments, they truly makes blogging about such a personal subject absolutely worth it. The decision to go is definitely not one that we took lightly and I am really glad that the blog has provided you with some insight to make it a little easier. We hope that you and your husband have a wonderful time and wish you much success as you embark on your journey.
Much love in return,